Room to Breathe has grown a lot over the last couple years, and we aren't done yet! We are looking to add a talented, high-energy, organizing genius to our new team in Edmonton!
This opportunity is a little unconventional, but we promise it's 100% amazing.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You have a natural knack for organization, enjoy structure and order, and are intuitively tidy in your day to day life. If you are the type of person to randomly start rearranging the pantry at a dinner party, or find joy refolding linens or color coordinating your bookshelf, we want to hear from you!
- You don't mind getting your hands dirty and have the stamina to do physically demanding work for 6-8 hours a day. Professional organizing is A LOT of hands-on, manual labour - lifting, rearranging, sifting through LOTS of boxes, furniture building, and cleaning up as you go are all part of the job.
- Radical empathy, non-judgement, patience, genuine kindness, and meeting people where they are at are all virtues that you possess. These ones are non-negotiable - If you easily get annoyed by indecision or are agitated by inefficiency, this is NOT the job for you.
- You have a drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle. Part of the job includes trips to drop of donations and recyclables and shopping for supplies.
- You work well independently, but also enjoy the benefits of collaboration and being part of an established team. Being the first employee in Edmonton, a lot of work in the beginning will be solo. We will of course support you with face to face, ongoing training and LOTS of Skype dates and phone calls, but we are ideally looking for someone who isn't afraid to learn to ropes and run with it.
- You like to hustle! You are motivated, dependable, and a self-starter. Someone who is naturally creative and can identify opportunity's to grow Room to Breathe in your community.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal. As the first point of contact for our Edmonton clients, it's imperative that you are able to write emails and answer phone calls professionally and in a timely manor.
- Our team is made up of independent contractors, meaning you have other clients or sources of income and are not solely dependent on your work with us to pay your way. Ideally someone who has a general understanding of how contract work works and has a set availability or schedule that does not fluctuate from week to week would be the best fit.
- We have a glowing reputation as Calgary's leading professional organizers- all because of our incredible and hardworking team. We love what we do, and have developed the systems to support lasting change for our valued clients. Learn and grow your organizing skills with some of the best organizers in the business!
- Flexibility and freedom - schedule your hours around existing commitments, and build capacity as you go.
- We pay a generous and above average hourly rate.